For the Ganache, Optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan; cut a piece of parchment paper and fit it to the bottom, grease the whole pan.
- Put chocolate and butter over low heat in a double boiler and melt until fully combined. This may be done in the microwave but don’t let chocolate over heat.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in sugar, salt, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Add eggs, beating each until smooth before adding the next egg.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
- Add all the batter to the 8-inch greased pan. Bake the cake for 25 minutes.
- The center should be 200 degrees on a thermometer. It will not be a solid cake like cakes that include flour.
- Remove it from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To loosen the cake from the pan, use a small paring knife around the outer edge.
- Put a plate on top of the pan and flip over to remove. The top of the cake will be on the bottom. Allow the cake to finish cooling.
For the ganache:
- Combine the chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler on low heat until fully combined. You can do this in the microwave bowl, but be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- When fully combined spoon over the cake and let it fall over the sides of the chocolate cake.
- Allow the cake to fully set for several hours before serving.
Place small piece of cake on plate. Shake Texas Brew Strawberry Chipotle Sauce and drizzle 1 to 2 Tbsp. sauce on top of cake. Excellent topped with Texas Brew Black n’ Bluberry Sauce sprinkled with fresh blueberries.
Suggestions: Top sauce on cake with whipped cream and small slivers of fresh strawberry and/or shaved chocolate.