This is an amazing appetizer which can be served cold or hot. I prefer warm which makes it either a cheeseckae or lucious warm dip. Could even be done as a casserole.
1-jar (16 oz.) Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Hot
2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup chopped green onions (extra for garnish)
2 cups cooked fine chopped/cubed chicken, patted dry (can use precooked fajita meat)
1 – 4 oz. can diced green chilies
8 ounces shredded cheese, cheddar, Mexican blend, or Co-jack (extra for garnish)
Garnish: Chopped Cilantro, chopped onions, sliced avocados, tomato slices (or chopped) and shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease sides and bottom of a 9” spring form pan. Sprinkle cornmeal over bottom and sides of pan.
- Beat together cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and cumin until smooth.
- Stir in chilies, green onions, and chicken.
- Pour ½ of the batter into the pan.
- Spoon ½ of the salsa over batter and cover with ½ of the shredded cheese
- Add remaining batter and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 55 to 60 Minutes or until edges are set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove side of spring form pan
- Top with remaining Salsa, sprinkle with shredded cheese, cilantro, green onions, avocado slices and tomato slices. Sour cream and sliced olives are great additions as well.
Suggestion: Slice and sauté chicken breast in a tablespoon or two of salsa. Pat dry and cube. If using grilled chicken or precooked fajita meat, sauté in salsa to soften, pat dry, cube and add to recipe
Recipes by Paul Hostetter, Head Cook, Texas Brew Products Barbeque Team www.texasbrewsalsa.com