Texas Brew Cheesy Meatloaf & Cream Sauce
1 cup Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Mild
1½ lbs. ground beef (leaner is better)
½ cup onion, finely chopped
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup quick oats or dry bread crumbs (I use oats)
4 havarti cheese slices (cheese of your choice such as pepper jack, Monterey jack, co-jack)
6 to 8 half slices of fried and blotted bacon (excellent way to portion slices, optional)
Texas Brew Cream Sauce (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 3500. Combine all ingredients except bacon in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture in an ungreased loaf pan or shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until no pink remains at the center of the meatloaf. If using a meat thermometer, the internal temp of the meatloaf should be 1600 for optimum safety.
- Remove from pan and put on oven-proof plate. Layer overlapping cheese slices on top of meatloaf. Place back in warm oven until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and drizzle liberally with Texas Brew Cream Sauce. Lay bacon slices (or crumble bacon and sprinkle) on top of melted cheese and serve with mashed potatoes or rice of your choice, grilled asparagus or frozen green beans seasoned with a no salt seasoning and stir fried in olive oil. Fresh sliced tomatoes make a fine accompaniment.
Hamburgers – Reduce oats or bread crumbs to ½ cup. Shape mixture into hamburgers. Grill until done. Drizzle with the Texas Brew Cream Sauce. Add your favorite cheese and melt. Serve on a grilled bun with your favorite condiments. Add sautéed onions, mushrooms, or bacon for a bit of extra oomph!
Meatballs – Reduce oats or bread crumbs to ½ cup. Shape into meatballs and brown in a flat skillet. Add half salsa and water to cover. Cook till done. Transfer meatballs to a Crockpot. Add cheddar nacho sauce or a good aged cheddar cheese spread to taste to the remaining liquid. Simmer on low till cheese is melted while stirring gently. When cheese has melted add to meatballs. Simmer approximately 30 minutes or until gravy is at desired thickness. You may add more water or Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa when gravy needs to be thinned.
Pour over already prepared grilled shrimp, Texas Brew Shrimp Tostadas, Texas Brew Cheesy Meatloaf crab cakes, chicken, enchiladas or drizzle over grilled poblano peppers, asparagus, roasted tomatoes, stuffed mushrooms or any vegetable of your choice. You can also use as topping for nachos or as a sauce on hot roast beef, turkey sandwiches or shrimp tostadas. I have refrigerated this sauce and used it the next day with great success. Have fun. Your imagination is your only limit.
Recipe by Brenda Craig, www.texasbrewproducts.com