- Melt butter in large, heavy saucepan. Add oil, chopped onion, garlic and oregano. Sauté till completely translucent.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth and salsa. Stir to incorporate. Bring to a simmer for approximately 2 minutes, stirring to keep from sticking.
- Add whipping cream, sour cream and softened cream cheese. Slowly whisk till cream cheese is incorporated.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender.
- Serve hot drizzled with cream and top with roasted pepitas
- If adding protein, puree soup first and then stir in protein.
- Soup will thicken as it sets and can be used for a pasta sauce
*Protein Addition: Very small cubed or shredded chicken (Rotisserie, grilled or sautéed but not canned).