- Melt butter in large, heavy saucepan. Add oil, chopped onion, garlic and oregano. Sauté till completely translucent.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth and salsa. Stir to incorporate. Bring to a simmer for approximately 2 minutes, stirring to keep from sticking.
- Add whipping cream, sour cream and softened cream cheese. Slowly whisk till cream cheese is incorporated.
- If sauce is too thick you can add a little more broth. Sauce will thicken as it sits.
- Serve serve over pappardelle, zita or linguine pasta. Garnish with roasted pepitas.
*Southwest Twist: Omit salt in the recipe and serve light sprinkled with a smoked salt.
*Protein Addition: Very small cubed or shredded chicken (Rotisserie, grilled or sautéed but not canned). Toss chicken with sauce and pasta