- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Place chopped bacon in an oven‑proof skillet (cast iron works great for this).
- Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until half way cooked.
- Add celery and onions.
- Stir and cook until onions start to soften, about 5 minutes, depending on size.
- Push celery, onions and bacon to outside of pan.
- Add beef, sear on both sides about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add salsa and broth, bring to a simmer.
- Place in oven, cook 2 1/2 hours.
- Add baby potatoes, and cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This recipe works great in a slow cooker too. Just cook bacon until done first. Add all ingredients, except potatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours. Adding potatoes for the last 30 minutes
Original Recipe at: https://www.heb.com/recipe/recipe-item/bloody-mary-pot-roast/1398892714312